Click on a link below to learn more.
Book 7 Training
What topics does OTC Book 7 Training cover?
This 1 day course is for installers (workers) and supervisors who will be responsible for or working on non-freeways only. This course will benefit employers, provincial and municipal road authorities, contractors, engineers, designers, contract administrators, utilities, supervisors, workers, and inspectors.
- Provisions of the Ontario Health and Safety Act and regulations relating to traffic control in maintenance and construction work zones, as well as to employer, supervisor, and worker responsibilities, and upcoming changes to legislation.
- Driver needs, capabilities, and limitations: Human factors and positive guidance, and their application to work zone traffic control.
- Comprehensive training on OTM Book 7 requirements and guidelines applicable to non-freeways.
- Rural and urban application of Book 7
- Speed Control in Work Zones, including speed control with pilot vehicles
- Pedestrians & Cyclists Traffic Control
- Procedures and methods for Work Zone Traffic Control
- Preparation before beginning work: planning, organization, and design of traffic control
- Traffic Protection and Traffic Control Plans: How to develop and implement
- Traffic hazards and protection measures
- How to reduce risk and liability exposure
- Step-by-step procedures for safe set-up and removal of traffic control
- Traffic Control Devices: Application
- Signs: Specifications, Installation, Maintenance, sign details
- Channelizing Devices: Cones, barrels, etc
- Temporary markings and delineation